Founded in 1906 by The U.S. Steel Organization, which was looking for to fulfill the hovering demand for metal in neighborhood Chicago, Illinois, and somewhere else on the shore of Lake Michigan, the metropolis reached 200,000 inhabitants at its height. A U.S. Steel plant nonetheless operated in 2016, but following years of city decay and “white flight” to suburbs, the inhabitants had dropped to eighty,000. | Credit line: Photographs within the Carol M. Highsmith Archive, Library of Congress, Prints And pictures Division.|Purchase; Carol M. Highsmith Images, Inc.; 2016; (DLC/PP-2016:103-1).|Forms a part of the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.
- Giclee Photograph Print on High Pleasant Archival Luster Photograph Paper
- Professionally Printed Old Fine Artwork Photographic Copy
- Perfect for the Domestic or Workplace. Makes a superb present!
- 100% Satisfaction Assured.
- Photograph| A pawnbroker and payday mortgage workplace, one of the few final viable agencies in a stretch of downtown Gary, Indiana, one of The USA’s most economically distressed cities